I love finding new ways to create fun and intersting videos, by using online platforms, and taking advantage of simple ways I can create animated videos essentially for free. So, embracing the visual, I explored ways of using Powerpoint as medium to for animated video.
This blog post looks at how your can create a powerpoint presentation as a Video, and some tips and tricks on how to create your very own Video using powerpoint.
Powerpoint As a VideoDid you know you can save your powerpoint presentation as a Video? Once you've created your presentation, simply save as a Video option from your drop down menu.
Here's one I did earlier
So here's the animated video I created using Powerpoint, which is a story of a little bird finding his way home, this animated video was created for a very specific audience. I had to use quite a few slides to ensure the animated bird looked like he was flying, but I think the results are pretty cool considering I was using powerpoint.
Top TipsSo here are a few tips when when turning your powerpoint presentation into video.
- Don't use too much Powerpoint animation when creating your presentation.
- You may have to create quite a few slides to get the "look", don't be afraid if you have around 30ish slides for a 30 second video.
- Watch the powerpoint presentation through from end to end and ensure you are happy with the look and feel
- You may need to save it as a Video and watch it through to ensure your Slide Transistions are looking good. Then delete the video and edit the the presentation.
- Save your powerpoint presentation first, then ensure you use the Save As option to create your Video.